Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
I Peter 4:10
Opportunities to Serve
- DOOR – (Discovering Opportunities for Outreach and Reflection) Group educational/ service experience in urban centers. Length of term: Weekend to 1 week; Ages: high school. Sponsored by Mennonite Mission Network (MMN).
- !Explore – A Theological Program for High School Youth provides young people in the 11th and 12th grades in high school an experience designed to encourage the development of their gifts in leadership, expose them to the world of theological ideas, and foster in them a call to vocation in the church. Sponsored by Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary (AMBS).
- Go! – Go! assignments enable individuals, young adults, adults, congregations, and others to train and serve in short-term cross-cultural missions. Length of term: 1 week-a year; Ages: 18 or older. Sponsored by Eastern Mennonite Missions (EMM).
- International Visitor Exchange Program (IVEP) – a vocational and cultural exchange program. International young adults between the ages of 18 – 30 from 30 countries, come to Canada and the United States for one year, from early August until the following July. Sponsored by Mennonite Central Committee (MCC).
- K-Teams – Kingdom Teams are summer programs for youth groups to experience the inner city, grow in their relationships with God, and share his love. Length of term: 3-7 days; Ages: youth and young adults. Sponsored by EMM.
- Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) – a volunteer network through which various constituencies of the Anabaptist church can respond to those affected by disasters in Canada and the United States. During the summer months, MDS runs a youth program to accommodate church groups.
- Mennonite Voluntary Service (MVS) – Community based service/learning rooted in the missional vision of local congregations. Length of term: 1-2 years; Ages: 20+. Sponsored by MMN.
- Journey International – Discipleship-training and evangelism. Length of term: 7-10 months; Ages: 18-30. Sponsored by MMN.
- Service Adventure – Faith, development, service-learning, and community living. Length of term: 11 months; Ages: 17-20. Sponsored by MMN.
- Serving and Learning Together (SALT) – an MCC cross-cultural experience. Length of term: 1 year; Ages: 18-27.
- Sharing with Appalachian People (SWAP) – Using the efforts of volunteers, SWAP addresses sub-standard housing in eastern Kentucky and West Virginia. Participants will work with and for local homeowners “In the name of Christ”, sharing the message of God’s love and building relationships that serve to enrich all involved. Length of term: 1 week; Ages: 15 and older. Sponsored by MCC.
- Summer Service – an MCC program for ethnic minorities to work in their home towns. Length of term: 10 weeks; Ages: young adults.
- Youth Venture – Service and reflection by individual youth as part of a team. Length of term: 1-3 weeks; ages: 14-20. Sponsored by MMN.